Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Detached - in every sense of the word

So this weekend started off really well, there was obviously a boy involved, and everything was running smoothly. My sexual drought was quenched, albeit temporarily, and I couldn't help but see the world through rose-coloured glasses - and if you know me well enough ,this is as close to elated as I get.

Until it all came crashing down this morning.

What, me happy? That's un-possible.

Naturally, I was in a foul mood, so I ditched out on classes and went shopping. Probably not the brightest thing I've done but the situation called for some retail therapy, because that's what shallow people do.

I bought that $200 Franklin&Marshall hoodie that I had my eye on for ages (at 50% off no less) and some jeans as well as a bright pink vest (because the purple one looked horrid on me).

I even treated myself to some Starbucks coffee, that's how down I was (I've tried to stop spending so much money on coffee because my coffee tab was approaching $30/week).

And then The Space Invader called in sick; and by 'called in sick' I actually mean just plain old didn't show up for her shift - I was livid, and plan on going out of my way to get her fired. The only reason that she still works at our store (everyone hates her) is that she's a good upseller and when you're dealing in hardgoods (snowboards, bindings, and boots) that's a very good thing.

(breathe in)

Tomorrow is another day, and there's no way that it could get any worse right?

5 comments:

Eric said...

Wait the drought was quenced?

Shrug. Write this weekend off as a success!

team gingerbread said...

eric - well it's a success in that way, but I'm still dealing with the aftermath.

I mean if I had to d it again, I probably would have played it the same way though...

(my verf word moot)

La Chou said...

Well I hope tomorrow is better. Filled with hot men dancing around in tight shirts and copious amounts of free coffee/alcohol.

team gingerbread said...

No alcohol tomorrow, at least that I'm planning on, but hopefully the free drinks are flowing on Saturday when we go out with The Archaeologist, [redacted], and The Shy Guy

half the battle said...

Ah those rose colored classes. Much like sunglasses I seem to lose them far too often and only have them when I don't need them. I join you in your drought relief and also in the sentiment that it may be temporary - both a good and bad thing.