Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My laziness just results in me having to do more work

I am so tired, and I managed to screw up my coffee this morning. I've been trying to drink light roast in an effort to learn to appreciate things that I absolutely despise, but I just couldn't do it today.

I had been in a rush when I left for work yesterday, and left both my Bodum coffee maker and the regular coffee decanter sitting in the sink as I left. I forgot to wash them when I go home and added dishes from my lasagna to the pile.

Come this morning, I said 'screw it' and decided to brew espresso, except I got lazy and wanted to see if I could do it in the bodum.

Even though it's the same brand/blend of espresso I always buy, this one was a really fine grind which means that I formed a solid mass when I went to go strain it.

Not good. Normal people would have broken up the clump with their hands, not I. I just reasoned that pushing harder on the bodum would result in coffee (as in all over the counter, floor, side of the stove, and mat).

Just great. I ended up having to strain my failed bodum experiment into a regular drip brewer to catch all the errant grinds that were floating in the water.

So much unnecessary work.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: