Monday, July 21, 2008

Bizarre Coincidences

Last week was bad, for a variety of reason, both professional and personal. It left me drained, and beyond tired - and that's the sort of thing that takes a couple of days to get over (if you're actually sleeping properly), and more if you're not.

I'm in the 'not' camp.

I skipped out on a work BBQ last night because I could barely keep my eyes open, and instead opted to go to the grocery store and pick up the coffee filters I've been forgetting every time I've been to the store in the past week.

I ended up running into my friend Kritin, a girl that I had gone to high school with in Ontario - turns out the she and her husband (boyfriend perhaps, didn't ask) just moved here in April and live something ridiculous like ten blocks away from me now.

She's six months pregnant with twins so she's got a lot of free time on her hands and we made tentative plans to hang out.

Such a strange run in because in my four years of running living here, I have yet to run into someone that I went to high school with. I've met people who have shared mutual friends, but no one that I knew directly.

Small world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate running into people from high school, unless, of course, it is with my car.