Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Show Must Go On?

The Dragonette show was last night and I wish I had had a better time.

My friends looked vaguely bored the whole time and seemed as though they couldn't wait to escape their own personal hell, which put a damper on my spirits, to say the least. I didn't dwell on it and did my best to enjoy the lacklustre show, the only inspired songs from Dragonette's set were covers, Martina Sorbara seemed bored with the album tracks and made very little effort to hide that fact.

The new (unnamed) track sounded interesting though she stopped it midway through due to a 'throat thing' she had been dealing with.

The one bright spot of the evening was their cover of Wolfmother's Woman, easily one of the better covers I've heard, though the MSTRKRFT remix is still my favourite take on that song...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard she was really sick. Sucked for the show. I'm of two minds about what an artist should do in that situation... Cancel or go on. Cancelling pisses people off but going on sub par I think is the worse decision because you disappoint your fans with a less than stellar show.

Tough call for some artists who believe the show must always go on.

Nicoel said...

True enough, and canceling a show is such a huge ordeal. Third time the charm I guess, next time the roll into town, I'm sure they won't disappoint.