Monday, March 31, 2008

March: A Month in Review

1. Ugliest. Hangover. Ever.

2. My fate hangs in the balance. If this falls through, I'm going to go on a bit of a spending spree...

3. and just like that, everything is steady once more.

4. Why is finding a new bag/new shoes so hard?

5. The internet in my apt is down again, awesome

6. I'm resolving to take more pictures, and generally appreciate stuff more

7. This newfound appreciation for found beauty probably comes from the year or so of introspection that not talking to The Engineer brought me

8. But we're talking again, on and offline. It's good, but I'll just leave it at that or else I'll get ahead of myself.

9. We'll have to see how long it takes before we end up in the same patterns/ruts that we always fall into

10. Dragonette: B-

11. M.I.A. is coming on May 27

12. I wasn't sleeping because I all but stopped going to the gym, lessons learned.

13. I do need to start doing yoga again though...

14. I felt sick for about a minute

15. My aunt has breast cancer again, but she's having a lumpectomy on the 11th - I would really like to be able to go one year without someone else I know developing cancer.

16. I can't remember if I knew this already (but I don't think I did). My parents (but my mom especially) have a nasty habit of keeping stuff like this from me.

17. and I just remembered that I have to pay rent, back to reality.





Quotables

I went to the gym last night, you?
Uh, I had Wendy's, actually, it was the Baconator. It's actually the opposite of working out.
True enough.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The homeless in this neighborhood are pretty tame.
Some of them are even good looking!
Shut your mouth, please!?

I really want that jacket now!
You should just get a bag though instead. If you gain a little weight, the bag still fits.

We're a family, a jew, a black, and an asian. We all do one thing really well.

6 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Amen to #4...

and the last comment was hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

the quotables are classic, as usual.
sorry to hear about your aunt, i'll be thinking of her! :]

Nicoel said...

@heather - She's trooper though. This is the second tie she's gotten breast cancer, so I'm hoping she makes it through again.

stephanie said...

My great aunt had a double mastectomy, went through chemo and was already growing her hair back before anyone told me she had breast cancer.

Nicoel said...

@stephanie - that's rough. I missed a lot of another one of my aunts' struggle with cancer due to my ex-communication from my family the first time around so I'm trying to be there for her to make up for that...

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt even though I'm waaaaay behind on this.

the Baconator comment is definitely something that would come out of my mouth!