Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Pricey Brick

Somehow, over the course of it's roughly six year lifespan, the cord to my iBook's AC adapter is frayed. I noticed its disintegration around 2 months ago, but I'm pretty careful, so I figured I'd wait it out. I'm still kinda hoping to get a new computer in the next few weeks from either of my parents ('tis the season after all) but on Sunday night I went to go plug in my computer only to find the charging light extinguished.

I log into my Apple account expecting to not be able to find the AC adapter I need, but it's in stock and it's also $100, ouch. I didn't really want to spend that much, but I don't think it's going to last to Christmas anyways, so it's a necessary expense - besides, it's not like I'm going to trash my old computer even if a new one shows up under the tree.

And now I wait, for Purolator to show up at my door, with an aesthetically-wrapped package in tow. When did Apple switch from shipping with Fed Ex anyways?

No comments: