Monday, October 15, 2007

Fucked Up

The last time I saw him was a chance run-in at the bar about a month ago. He kissed me on the forehead as was his usual style and asked how I was doing as he floated back into the crowd. We'd met through work initially, but our paths seemed to cross in every which way, always discovering another mutual friend. His passion sometimes overwhelmed those around him, but he could never be accused of being lacking in conviction.

I remember we were standing outside the bar; he was wasted (it was a conference weekend) and I was not and he leaned over and whispered "I'm pretty sure if you were as drunk as I am right now, we'd be making out" and with that he kissed me deftly on the forehead before making his way home.

He died on September 26th. He was 24 and he'll be greatly missed.

4 comments:

recovering overachiever said...

I'm so sorry.

Valley Girl said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Btw, I love it when men kiss me on the forehead.

stephanie said...

Sad. :(

Shandra said...

I'm so sorry.

Kisses on foreheads are the sweetest