Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dearly Departed


I was devastated to find out today that my beloved Jane Magazine will soon cease publication. I feel like I've grown up with Jane after reading it religiously for 10 years (basically half my life) after initially discovering it via The View circa 1997.

It deftly picked up where Sassy left off, though it was decidedly more polished. Jane was one of those magazines that I picked up the day it came out, regardless of who graced the cover. It truly feels like the end of an era, and I'm left with a monthly magazine void that Teen Vogue will not be able to fill...

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I read Sassy. Then Jane. Then Jane after Jane left. Now Jane is leaving again, only in a different way. Sadness.

Nicoel said...

stephanie - I feel ya. I honestly don't know how Jane can be replaced. I stuck by it even after it got kinda shitty (mostly after Jane herself got ousted)