Monday, October 02, 2006

The joys of commuting

and other things I now get to enjoy as a downtown denizen.

I used to say I loved taking the bus (OK, well maybe loved was a bit much but didn't hate) but after not even a week of downtown/west end and downtown/university campus commuting, I'm singing a different tune.

I am now exposed, on a daily basis, to all sorts of strange and curious people, like the man who rides transit all day solely it seems to talk to the drivers of said busses.

There are definite advantages, like the extra 15 minutes of sleep I can squeeze in on the bus/train, and the studying that I can actually accomplish now that I have no easy way off campus, but it's going to take some getting used to.

In other news, the Alexisonfire show is tonight but I might not be able to go, because I'm closing at work and I think it's an all-ages show, ipso facto, early start=early to bed, boo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, if you ever managed to love public transpo then you're a much more open-minded person than me.

Nicoel said...

Well I wouldn't really say loved, but when I lived at home it was a totally different story.

The transit system in Edmonton is highly ineffective so getting from point A to point B usually requires stops at points C, D, and sometimes E as well

Just trying to make do with a crappy situation I suppose