Thursday, August 24, 2006

Work Rants 'R' Us

Work has been absolutely insane for the past couple of weeks. It's gotten to the point where I've actually had small hordes of people waiting outside the doors to the store on my last couple of opening shifts, ushering themselves in as soon as the gates open.

Maybe it's just because my parents were super organized and back to school shopping occured at the beginnig of August that I can't understand this crazed behaviour but it also partly has to do with the fact that the mall is overrun with more idiots than usual and it's taken all of my resolve to not haul off and punch someone in the neck.

I'm not an angry person, just impatient, and I don't really see why it takes anyone 10 minutes (not even kidding folks) to decide what to order off a McDonald's menu - they have pretty much the same menu everywhere!

Things thathave bothered me about work so far this week:

1. Belligerent customers reaming me out - in front of their children no less - because they lost their receipt

2. Idiot children that are allowed to run free while their tired parents look on without even a passing interest

3. Parents that get mad at me because they don't know their own child's foot size (my own mother may not know my age, but she at least knows my foot size)

4. People who blurt out "I'm just looking!" when I say hello - I'm not trying to sell you something (we're not on commission) nor am I stoked to talk to you, I'm just being polite and doing my job.

Oh well, at least I get some time off soon. I'm taking almost a week off to prepare for sorority rush, which is a whole other can of worms, don't even get me started.

No comments: