Thursday, August 03, 2006

The ruling class

I found out yesterday that I get to be first in command at work while my boss goes on tour with his band for 2 weeks starting next week, and I'm almost certain that it will result in a staff mutiny. I'm a pretty exacting person, and I forsee tears, and maybe even at least one person quitting as a direct result of my rule.

But, I'm not going to let the power get my head...ok, well maybe just a little bit!

In other news, my planned shopping binge-a-thon, didn't go exactly as planned. I was tagging stuff for the guys store yesterday morning and when I went over to drop off their new stock, I found out that the shoes I'd been fantasising about for ages were on sale for 20% off, so I couldn't pass them up, and ended up getting a pair of the Denim AL50's (sounds gross, but they're pretty cute), a new pair of bright blue Emerica slipons, and a green WESC sweater because it was 50% off and with my discount those deals were just too good to let pass by.

But for now, the chosen one has to head to the bank to pick up a new debit card so this long weekend isn't a dry one, and pay back The Christitute, who's been my personal ATM for the past week or so while I waited for a day off/closing shift that would allow me to actually get to my bank since it's only open from 10 am - 4 pm M - F.

No comments: