Friday, July 25, 2008

Zune Kit


Zune Kit
Originally uploaded by aloha nico.
I got a Zune kit in the mail after much anticipation and some ridiculous runaround courtesy of FedEx Ground, I have a matte little toy to play around with.

Cool.

I got this little Zune Kit courtest of Matchstick. Included in the kit:

1 8GB Zune
1 Zune User Guide (which I'll probably never crack open, that's just how I roll)
1 set of premium Zune headphones (the Zune itself came with basic one, the premium ones are in-ear)
1 AC Adapter (I'm assuming regular Zunes are like iPods in that they only come with a USB cord for charging and syncing. The included USB cord in the 8GB Zune package plugs into the AC adaptor)

So far so good. I'm gonig to sync it when I get to work because I haven't gotten around to installing parallels on my new MacBook.

Initial impressions:

It's a lot smaller than I expected it to be. My friend G has a Zune, and his is huge, and kinda ugly. The one I got is tiny, it's about the same size as that Samsung phone that Beyonce advertises.

Good hand feel, it's pretty light and the back of it is matte but kinda grainy feeling. I'll probably use this a lot at the gym because it's a really good size for running.

It's the first mp3 player that I've had where the headphone jack is on the bottom of the device (as opposed to the top) - don't know how I feel about that just yet.

Cool feature - the online community and that the device comes preloaded with a variety of media content (a couple of videos, and music tracks, radio streams, etc.) that doesn't suck.

Only downer, my Zune was dead when I unboxed it, so I had to charge it for a couple of hours before I could even turn it on, and you have to set it up online before you can listen to the preloaded tracks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister has a Zune and loves it more than anything in the world. I, however, am too poor to get one. And Matchstick doesn't like Americans. Damn.

Nicoel said...

I'm sure there is an American equivalent to Matchstick...