Monday, April 07, 2008

Don't I know You From Somewhere?

I had stopped taking my non-prescription allergy pills because they make me crazy - I can't sleep, my head feels like it's going to collapse in on itself, and my throat/nose are so dry that I'm certain coughing or sneezing will spur spontaneous combustion.

But, I'm going to go back on them again because the only good thing about them was that they allowed me to sleep for 8 hours straight with my mouth closed.

I went to the gym 4 times last week and did yoga once, which is far better than going to the gym once and not doing yoga at all I think. I'm trying to get back into the whole not being stiff as a board thing because I promised one of my friends that I'd try her precious Bikram Yoga with her by June 1st.

The thing I hate about trying a new yoga class is that you're bound to be the worst one there and people will remember it. I would blog about the person from class who farted/passed out/dropped out before the end so why should I expect any less from someone else.

Another thing, people always remember me. I have a terrible memory for faces past a week or two unless there is a significant reason I should remember you (like I kicked you out of my bed and never really want to run into you again). I always have people coming up to me at bars, parties, the grocery store all up in my personal space opening with a line like "Don't I know you from working at [my old job]/[the pr company]/[school]/[such and such activity]" and them I look at them quizzically wondering if I should remember their name or if we know each otehr because we've made out/slept together.

It happened just last week at the Starbucks, when the barista there was just like "You work at [my current job], right?" I looked up at him and just spat out "Um, who told you that?" and stared him down (I know, I have awesome social skills - I teach classes at The Learning Annex). He backed up a little and explained himself, and kept talking - spending so long talking to me that a line 10-people deep had formed by the time he finally surrendered my 2-bag Venti Green Ginger Tea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Too funny about Starbucks!