Thursday, January 31, 2008

January: A Month in Review

1. Am I the only one who finds hair extensions abhorrent?

2. I came, I saw, I bought.

3. Upon closer inspection, it's actually hideous, but it can be saved, with a little work.

4. Surprisingly, I actually quite enjoy snowboarding despite my obvious lack of talent thus far.

5. I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself, I think an attitude shift is in order

6. But, first things first - admitting that sometimes acquiescing isn't so bad

7. I'm trying this new thing called not smoking. I'm running a lot better now as a result, but I'm pretty antsy all of the time. I need to find something to occupy my hands.

8. I'm obsessed with the semi-new Sia album. I think I've found a replacement for Dragonette in the cd changer at work...

9. My recent fixation with all things girly (diamond rings, necklaces, and nail polish, oh my!) is out of character to say the least. Perhaps this is a sign.

10. Almost, as in this weight is almost off of my shoulders

11. This seems like it was a really unproductive month - onwards, and upwards

12. I think my friend summed up our feeling about Heath Ledger the best - "Yes, it's mildly tragic, but ultimately I don't care. He wasn't my friend, I don't even think I've ever really seem him in a movie I thoroughly enjoyed - except for Brokeback. I'm about as saddened as I would be if Subway discontinued my favourite sandwich."

Heartless bitches we are. I am, however, completely heartbroken over the cancellation of the Montel Williams Show.

13. Still waiting, isn't that the way it always is?

14. The end of the month crept up on me so I actually had a post ready, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for those hijinks, but they include wine (cheap, obvs), butter chicken, and a reaffirmations of my inherent love of dudes who apparently don't even care enough to figure out their shoe size.




Quotables aka. Overheard & Overshared

I find it funny that you're obsessed with candles now. It's like you've basically given up and have admitted that all the money you used to spend on condoms/sex toys now goes towards cylindrical wax monuments to your lacklustre sex-life.

Have you been on some weird diet?
Not really. I ate at Wendy's three times this week. It's downstairs, so it's almost like home cooking.

Did you just come from the waterpark?
No, why?
Um, uh (trying not to say 'because you look haggard')
Is it because I have this backpack?
Yes.


I really like this necklace.
(squealing) Oh my God. That necklace is so SM!
Uh, sure. I never really thought of it that way, but I guess that's true.
Do you want to do him?
Uh.
It's cool, I'm over it.
No.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am obsessed with sia's new album.
and i too, am trying to quit smoking.
started today. GOD help me.