Monday, August 06, 2007

Whiplash: Possibly from craning your neck?

Seriously dude, just because you're waiting for the bus at the same time as me doesn't mean I want to chat with you. In fact, I think my continued avoidance of you rather disconcerting gaze is my attempt at subtly blowing you off. I'm not really reading that free newspaper, I just don't want you to have an excuse to talk to me.

Perhaps you, the Good Samaritan that you are, saw me bail on my skateboard and are simply attempting to make eye contact to ascertain any injury to something other than my dignity (and cell phone), but I find that excuse highly suspect.

All I know is that I don't really respond to your bus stop come one, and I find it very hard to believe that many women do, so why bother.

2 comments:

Chandira said...

iPods solve that problem altogether... Or just buy a white set of earphones and trail them into your pocket, nobody will ever know.. ;-)

S* said...

I second the iPod thing. I don't venture out without one.