Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Inevitable

The Engineer came up for a couple of days to visit some of his friends (not just me specifically) before he leaves for Ontario in a couple of weeks. I happened to have a day off that co-incided with his visit (read: I make the schedule, so I planned it out). I actually took the day off because there were some work-related projects I needed to take care of from the comfort of my own home and that could only be fully realized when I was wearing sweatpants and staring at a computer monitor for hours on end.

We made plans to meet up later in the day because I figured I'd try to sleep in (no dice, I woke up at 8 am) and met up downtown so that I could longboard. He brought his skateboard too and we had a little cruise around the city centre as we decided on a suitable lunch location (apparently, when in doubt, always go with Wok Box).

I cleverly made a joke about old loves (him) meeting new loves (Joel aka. my longboard) and that things were goig surprisingly well, he laughed and it was kind of like nothing had changed. We spent most of the afternoon together (he wanted to try my longboard) and eventually returned to his old roommates' house (where he was staying).

We tied up loose ends (and subsequently fought like an old married couple) and I actually felt pretty good about the situation when we eventually parted ways.

No comments: