Friday, May 18, 2007

IOU/Loud Claps in Every Mix


I went to the Metric show on Wednesday, not because I'm a terribly big fan of theirs - well I used to be until I saw them in concert about 20 times and Emily Haines' staged pseudo-feminist ramblings about whatever kind of turned me off the music.

This doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not I support feminism (I do in case you're wondering) but more to do with the fact that I didn't come here to see her posturing about something that no one asked her about. I paid for the show so that I could hear you play music from your two (full-length) albums and that EP that everyone seems to gloss over that I've worn out that's how much I've listened to them.

This is a live music event people - be excited and entertain me!

That and Metric is kind of a one-trick pony when it comes to performing - you've seen them 20 times and, well, you know the rest.

At this point I'm willing to stage my own Metric shows in my apartment: cover will be 29.50 + surcharges, I'll bring my IKEA lamps for light, play the albums on shuffle on iTunes and randomly sample in some classic Kathleen Hanna speeches for effect - it'll be super sick.


----

Then I was talked into going to DJ Z-Trip at The Starlite but I just couldn't get into his set. I was far more engaged by the opener, so I peaced out pretty early, much to everyone's confusion as they just seemed to eating it up.

But I just had to call it quits.

*In a completely unrelated note, why did Blogger feel the need to reverse the positions of the 'save' and 'publish' buttons?

No comments: