Monday, August 21, 2006

Asshats and the women who hate them

So this guy was stabbed in the stomach after catcalling a group of ladies.

I'm not saying that I would have stabbed him, but I can certainly understand where this level of rage comes from. There's nothing more infuriating than having strange men yell out 'compliments' as you pass in the night, or even the morning after a night out.

I'm sure there's more to the story than, "I was just standing there and I payed the pretty lady a compliment and then I got stabbed! Them girls are crazy!"

Boo f*cking hoo, I say to the victim.

Happy Monday everybody

Ed: And by more to the story let's look at the New York Daily News' take on the events.

A gang of petite but ornery lesbians pummeled and stabbed a DVD bootlegger in the West Village early yesterday after he tried to pick up one of the women - and then spat on her when she rebuffed his advances, police and witnesses said.

"He called us [homophobic slur] and he said he was going to f- us all," one of the women said hours later as cops led the seven suspects out of the 6th Precinct stationhouse.

"He spit on us and threw a cigarette," another woman said. "This is a hate crime."

While I still can't condone extreme violence, no matter how warranted it seems, I don't really think that the women were just bad seeds looking for a fight (as commenter Carol implied)

No comments: