Tuesday, July 18, 2006

[Un]dress code in effect

Against all better judgement, I decided to cap off my excruciatingly long day at work on Sunday with a night out on the town, because Leah was back from her week-long sojourn to Seattle.

Having been at least a couple weeks since we'd last hit up industry night at Hudson's on Whyte, I jumped at the chance to go out, so we got all gussied up in our finest casual attire and pregamed our faces off.

By the time we were suitably soused it was well after midnight, and I could tell it was going to be a good night. Showtime brought along a marker to tag stuff and we were off and running - or cartwheeling as the case may have been.

By the time we rolled up at the bar it was a quarter past 1 in the morning (meaning that I had to be up in six hours for work the next day) but no matter. We dove in an hit up the dance floor, but before I could even get there I was accosted by some random guy.

I was in my fun-drunk stage but his face totally didn't register, but he certainly knew who I was. Before I could focus my eyes I boldly just asked "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

"It's me Arran (like Aaron, but spelled differently)"

"Oh...you look so different" was my slurred reply, but at least it was true. He normally has crazy done up hair and it was surprisingly tame on Sunday.

Long story short, we talked for a while, then we danced with the girls on the floor and he invited us to go party at his place (out of town) for the long-weekend.

We didn't quite close down the bar, but we left after last call and stopped by the Pita Pit on the way home to satiate our drnken munchies - worst.pita.ever. btw but I was so hungry that I didn't really care.

The we went on a bit of a destructive rampage and Leah and I helped The Christitute lift some signage from a lame bar along the way. TC had ripped off the "dress code in effect" sign on the way to the bar and had stashed it in the alley for pickup at a later date/time, and then we decided to go full force and remove the rest of the signage, including one that read "regular entrance" (it seemed like a good idea at the time).

I asked TC what she was going to do with the signs after she got them home, and she said she'd put them in her room/on her door, when I came up with the brills alcohol-influenced idea that she should add the letters 'u' and 'n' before the dress code statement and hang the sign on her door.

We also managed to reclaim a bench that had been set aside by the constuction crews in our neighbourhood - it's a really cute wrought iron and wood number too, but by them it was quickly approaching 3:30 and it dawned on me that the sun would soon be rising, and that I should head to bed.

Fast forward to 7 am, and I wake up alone and cold and still kinda drunk, roll out of bed put on the same clothes that I'd worn to the bar, and begin to make the stongest coffee imaginable to go along with my handful of regular chips from the night before.

I was crazy tired, but didn't want to keep sleeping for fear of being ridiculously late for work so I sat on the couch in my sunglasses and watched The Today Show whilst drifting in and out of a fitful sleep.

The bus ride to work was kinda brutal - I gagged a little because I was stuck sitting sideways, and that normally makes me feel ill.

I got to work, unscathed and sobered up, for the most part, and my co-worker's mom picked me up some McDonald's brekkie for the second day in a row - sweet, because it was free but not so hot, because it made me feel worse.

The day at work was pretty uneventful, except that two of the girls I work with gave their notice today, meaning that in 2 weeks our store will only employ 3 people (one of whom will be in Toronto with her boyfriend for half of July/August)

I was so tired at work that I was convinced I would just get home and roll into bed, but no dice. I'm wide awake and bored, so I'm going to hop into the shower and maybe take Chase up on his previous offer of pharmaceuticals

...and these are the days of our lives

No comments: