Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's OK to ask for help, especially if screwing up is on someone else's dime

Uh yeah, so they forgot to bring me my paycheck yesterday, kind of inconvenient, but it's not like I'm going to get a chance to go to the bank for a while, so it's no big deal in the long run. I've learned to do this little thing called not spending all my money before I get paid again - it's working pretty well, so I'm not totally fucked for money, which is good because I spent $50 on cabs last night to and from dinner (since my drived had no idea where he was going).

The Conversation:

TG: Can you take me to [redacted]
Driver: Do you know where that is?
TG: No, I can find out the exact address if you want
Driver: No it's the one downtown right?
TG: No, it's still kind of in the west end
Driver: Ok

15 minutes later

TG: Did you just drive by it?
Driver: No it's up ahead
TG: I'm pretty sure you just passed it

Two exits later

Driver: Don't worry about the meter
TG: How generous of you.

No comments: