Monday, September 15, 2008

Turns out I still have a little party left in me

I actually had a really good time last night at the work party last night. I wasn't really planning on drinking, but I got there and we had bottle service, which meant that I was drinking Grey Goose by the carafe (when in Rome...).

It was pretty mellow, I expected there to be a lot of people there from work, because in the past this trade show wrap up was kind of a big deal and was basically mandatory but I guess that wasn't the case this year so I just ended up hanging with my boss, his brother (who's also technically my boss), his borther's new lady (very nice, very much the kind of woman that he gravitates toward), some of her friends and some of the guys from Vancouver.

I lost track of how many drinks I drank, which tends to happen when you don't have to pull out your wallet to get your glass refilled, and also started guzzling champagne like it was going out of style.

I left to go on many walks as I'm wont to do when I'm drinking, and came back in around last call - the guys at the door almost wouldn't let me in again after the last time I left but I dropped a couple of names and glided right back in.

The bar was almost empty, and my boss' brother was dancing up a storm (picture Elaine Benes) - once he was done his thing we all left to get food (seriously the best Mexican food I've had in forever) and went back in to start in on another bottle of Goose. I pocketed a couple of can of Sugar Free Red Bull as my boss and I caught a cab home (he lives a couple of blocks away from me) as he talked my ear about this girl (who was ok, but he could have done better).

When I woke up this morning I ate a slice of banana cream pie that was in the fridge (strange food shows up when my roommate's mother is in town - but I'm not complaining) with my fingers while I waited for the coffee to brew.

No comments: