Monday, August 18, 2008

Coming late to the party: Summer Blockbuster Edition

So I finally got around to seeing both The Dark Knight (it's this little art house film, very underground, perhaps you've heard of it?) and Iron Man this weekend. I'm not a movie person by any means, but I've always been a big Batman fan from watching Adam West before soccer practice when I was a kid, to the comics when I was a kid with a discretionary spending account.

I loved The Dark Knight, I thought it was really well done though I could see how some people might not like it. One thing: I hated Two Face - he looked like the love child of C3PO and beef jerky.

Wasn't really feeling Iron Man. Could have been because I was crazy tired, but I was bored about 5 minutes in, and I really had to push myself to watch it.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Pandora Wilde said...

I really liked Iron Man, but I'm an action flick freak--not into chick flicks at all, so it was probably just me.

I haven't seen Dark Knight yet but I can't wait--I gotta see what Heath Ledger did that is getting people talking post-humous Oscars.

Nicoel said...

Yeah, I get bored pretty easily, and Iron Man was definitely one of those movies that gets better but it takes a while to fully pick up steam. I also felt kinda lost from the get-go. I'm going to watch it again to see if I was just tired and feeling impatient.