Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Much Finer*

To quote Paris Hilton: "In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make."


I downloaded Opera Mobile onto my phone last week because I was sick of not being able to properly navigate the internet on my affordable BlackBerry plan.

All I want to do now is sing it's praises to anyone and everyone who will listen. I read Pink is the New Blog for the first time in a year on the bus on the way home from work, I instantly replied to email on the fly as I did my laundry, and I filled out to do lists that only comprised of two items each.

I am so productive it hurts, though I don't seem to have that much more free time at my disposal so perhaps that's just an illusion.

Now I'm shopping, though not on my phone because the images are too small, etc. I'm seriosuly contemplating buying the same sweater as The Bar Star, but I don't know how she'll react. I'll have to ask her tomorrow. Personally, I'd be annoyed but that's me and I'm petty. It's just that she really loves this sweater.

I really shouldn't be shopping because I want to buy a new computer soon and I can't really afford to do both (because shopping is a sport for me, and this year I'm going all the way to the state finals) but I want new shoes and shorts so we'll see. Turns out Karmaloop is sold out of my shorts in my size.

I feel good, and my outlook has changed remarkably. I'm trying out this new thing called being an adult and taking responsibility for my own actions/curbing all my negative behaviours.

Call me in a week to see how it's going.

*Strangely enough, Le Tigre's Much Finer was the first song that played on shuffle on my iPod this morning. Whether that had anything to do with my mini emotional about-face or not stands to be seen...

4 comments:

skeeball said...

Sounds like as long as you have the phone all will be good next week anyways.

Nicoel said...

Yeah, the phone makes me really happy, oh technology, how I love thee when you don't fail...

Anonymous said...

:] i am jealous!
enjoy that phone! and i'm glad that you are doing well! ♥

S* said...

Those stupid data plans are so expensive. But I want a Moto Q anyway.

Oh, and don't curb all negative behaviors. How bout just some?